Thanks for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
This operation does change your original contours somewhat. Anything other than a simple interpolation will do so, including your stated goal to "add the final details in wilbur".
Sculpting the rivers and having them slightly modify the geography would interest me as the last steps to detail the map, however I cannot overlook the fact that the contours remain so marked... For the sake of making it realistic. I need to solve this problem first.

This is also justified when some rivers cross mountain ranges, since they understand that the space between mountains is at the same height, pic below.

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
For best results in Wilbur, the coastlines need to be visible all around in order to prevent the weird edge effects. Or you can make the terrain a little larger and draw a tall wall on the waste space to keep everyone heading in the same general direction, but then you won't get rivers heading into the map from off-image.
Dont worry regarding the coastlines, this pic is only a section of the map for testing.

How does the deterrace tool work and what is it for?