Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulbremeth (Redux)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Default Bulbremeth (Redux)

Recently, I've gone back and looked at some of my previous map that I've posted on the CG Forum. This resulted in a redux version of my map, Central Alemnia.

Well, you would look at that, I've done gone and did it again. This is a redoing of the map Continent of Bulbremeth. As with the Alemnia map, there are some relatively small but significant changes, like added textures, and some color corrections, and also the mountains and forest have received a major overhaul. The heraldry is mostly the same, because it's the part that I think I like the most about this map, but I have moved the nations around a bit and retouched some stuff. I reworked the map border, changed the parchment texture a bit and a whole bunch of other stuff, that I don't even remember.

I suspect I will be doing a few more redux versions of my maps, because I plan to have some of them printed as metal posters on displate.com, which is a great website that makes cool-looking high-quality posters that will just last forever. The posters are one-size only, so I need to make my maps into a format that will fit the posters and also look great on a wall.

Hope you dig this new and improved map!

CONTINENT-redux.jpg

UPDATE:
    Okay, well, when you decide to redo a map, why not get done, as in finally done-done-no-more-adding/editing-done? Yeah, I just can't seem to do that, so here is a (hopefully damned final!) version of the map. Just a wee bit of retouching, but apparently necessary, says me.

CONTINENT_****ING_FINAL.jpg
    Last edited by Daelin; 04-04-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Beautiful, i love the map and emblems.

The map is wonderful, I love the fabric effect, and all the icons, labels and pretty much everything!
    Just a note, in my opinion it needs a bit more contrast

Amazing work. I really adore your style, as I believe I've stated before. The mountains look great, and the shields/emblems/whatever you want to call them are absolutely stunning. I do agree with Tom though, a touch stronger contrast would benefit the map in my opinion too.

Repped and flung straight to my Inspiration folder!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I agree with the others: this is a very cool map! Certainly an improvements compared to the older version. I also think that a little contrast would improve the map even more! Great map, I'll rep you when I can!

I love the new changes ! The contrast is a lot better on this one. And I still love the heraldry!
    Excellent improvements, Daelin!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Beautiful, i love the map and emblems.
    Why, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    The map is wonderful, I love the fabric effect, and all the icons, labels and pretty much everything! ...
    Cool, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    Amazing work. I really adore your style, as I believe I've stated before. The mountains look great, and the shields/emblems/whatever you want to call them are absolutely stunning. ... Repped and flung straight to my Inspiration folder!
    Thank you. Now use that inspiration to make a map that I will like just as much as you do mine!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    I agree with the others: this is a very cool map! Certainly an improvements compared to the older version. ... Great map, I'll rep you when I can!
    Yeees, preciouzzz, all the reps for us, we needs them!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I love the new changes ! The contrast is a lot better on this one. And I still love the heraldry!
    Excellent improvements, Daelin!
    Glad you think my efforts are worth something, but look below!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Kelleri & DanielHasenbos
    Tom: Just a note, in my opinion it needs a bit more contrast.

Kelleri: I do agree with Tom though, a touch stronger contrast would benefit the map in my opinion too.

DanielHasenbos: I also think that a little contrast would improve the map even more!
    I'm beginning to see a trend here. Well, sometimes it helps to step a few feet away from the monitor and look at your map at a distance, just like you would a painting. And I definitely can see what ya'll are saying. I think the original version had basically the same problem, which meant the distinction between land and the parchment/sea was too low. This new version is slightly corrected for that, but not enough, as it turns out. Well, ask and ye shall receive. Here is a redux remix version 2.whatever. Hopefully, the difference is noticeable.

CONTINENT-redux3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    Thank you. Now use that inspiration to make a map that I will like just as much as you do mine!
    A tall order, but I'll do my best

And yes, that certainly was an improvement! Fantastic! Can't rep you again, unfortunately..
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

By Daelin
    Hopefully, the difference is noticeable.
    Yes it is .

lots of lovely details to look at here, amazing icons and borders, and the wave effects on the ocean totaly works. Color choices are good too, but as others said maybe a little more contrast in the basemap would have been good. I would have add a slightly stronger drop shadow effect on icons too, they're so nice that i wish they pop out of the map a bit more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast