Thread: Editing a world map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Artisan

As I have bought FT3 and Terraformer and can save .png, it is time to show you what I created. If I can download the file here that is

Globaldebut.png

EDIT :
    There is of course still plenty of things to edit - the continents are basically plateaus with uniform 100 height and the coastline is not sufficiently fractal.
    As I can export now the FT3 map into Wilbur I tried (and failed) to do something there.
    - Everytime I click help in Wilbur, I get a message that it can't locate the help file. Is it because it doesn't exist or because it can't find the place where it exists ?
    - The biggest problem I have is that I can't fractalise the coastline so that it stays in that handdrawn form with steps and straight lines. When I try the method you proposed (select coastline, add noise) it just transforms it in a succession of very small round islands but the shape at bigger scales stays unchanged. I think that it is because selecting the border of 5 pixels, makes only fractal structures of 5 pixels or less so that when one zooms out, nothing changes.
    Is there a way to (re)draw a 2D fractal line in FT3 or Wilbur ? Either to fractally modify the whole coastline or to draw a fractal between 2 points on the map plane ? Or some third method I can't think of to modify a border so that it looks fractal even at scales of 1000 miles ?
    Last edited by Deadshade; 10-04-2014 at 07:08 AM.