Thread: WIP : Haerlech

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks Steffen. I was thinking it was more colors than looked right. Yep, all done in PS. And yes, it is a lot to do manually.

Those are all excellent ideas. There should be some ruins, just not sure where I would want to put them. At this scale I'm not sure if the 'in construction' would show well but I like that. With rivers, it usually depends on what I am thinking the land is like near the river. I should use that with another city I'm working on though.
    In this particular city a slum would not be indicated. I did do some slums in another city map I'm working on but it's a much different style of map.
    The original walled town had a certain set of roof colors. I wanted the outer city to looked different as it was built by foreign rulers/invaders/new people.
    I had thought they might be getting different materials for roof tiles. Maybe something a bit more uniform would look more like that effect.

Any other opinions on roof color... I'll be finishing those this weekend if I can and making changes to color as well.
    Again, thanks Steffen.

edit - I just got what you meant about clean. Yes, I do need more small elements in there. I am going to be adding stuff on the docks, boats [I have to make some placeable boat elements first], maybe getting some trees in there. Other stuff if it occurs to me. Though I really do want to get this finished... now I'm just adding more work.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 03-13-2015 at 11:33 AM.