Thread: [WIP] World of Aduhr

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yet another update. I'll make this a separate post so it's easier to keep track of the progress of the tectonics.

I further refined the model presented in the previous update. Here is what the continents look like during the "supercontinent phase", 150 mya:

image_150.00Ma.jpeg

Next up, 125 mya, the failed rift between Dealos and Esirmeyr (Eocidar) has formed:
    image_125.00Ma.jpeg

100 mya, the Valkathaic ridge shifts into its final location (this is also when the peninsula of Menduine separates from the supercontinent):
    image_100.00Ma.jpeg

75 mya, the Agalhaic rifts are formed as Akanrias (Xeteyarian) starts subducting beneath Nomune, and Neraduhr moves towards Urgaleon.
    image_75.00Ma.jpeg

50 mya, the south Agalhaic rift shifts, separating the "Misty Isles" from Nomune.
    image_50.00Ma.jpeg

And finally, the present situation, with Urgameyr and Anachain separating from Akanrias:
    image_0.00Ma.jpeg

All in all, I feel this model is plausible and explains the present geography of the planet fairly well. Of course, some finer details like micro-plates still need to be added, but I think that takes care of the "big picture". Any thoughts on this?

Btw, is it possible to "clip" pieces from an imported map in GPlates via defining of the plates and then move them around? I feel seeing the actual geography could be useful and certainly an improvement over the dull line drawings you see in this post.
    Last edited by Charerg; 09-30-2015 at 02:17 PM.