Thread: 21 - Monastery of Realisminites and its vicinities [Pixie]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

On a far less serious note than the issue of heresy and the loss of our brother Azelor to the Fantasticalites, here's a ....

### Latest WIP ###
    Section 21 _tests.jpg

The middle of the map contains a fast and "drafty" attempt at coloring and shading. I am hoping for comments and directions concernig that as it's something I never tried before.

This version has Robbie's and Snodsy's latest wips superimposed on it.

I have been trying hard to balance urban density in my draft with an organic pattern for city growth and with the info from neighbouring sections. On top of that, I realised that a bunch of us are drawing top-down buildings that resemble european or victorian english architecture - this on a setting with much warmer temperatures and different rain patterns. So, I decided to change shape and sizes of houses - making them larger and lower, with less inclined roofs. (Ideally, I mean, because I'm not enough of an artist for that).

I really like your houses and your coloring of them, especially the larger ones, the small ones maybe have a little too much white? You shadowing is good too. I'll mainly have trees on my border to yours as well as the road. Looking forward to seeing this develop. I like what your doing.