Hi Wingshaw,

Thanks for the commetnts, and to answer;
-- Those are a stand of nine trees at the centre (Giant Sequioa), though they appear better defined on the Photoshop version which i will keep an eye on now.
-- The dark brown districts are timber decking standing on piling into the sea bed and I still havent figured a way of showing the timber aspect yet.
-- There is no land route to the city, though there is an 'aquaduct' flowing left to right.
-- I will experiment with the roads and see if your idea works better. There are several places where the roads traverse the cliffs, and that isnt obvious at all so your way might help define those routes too.
-- Certainly the buildings are far from complete and I will look at the courtyards etc. All the buildings except a few notable exceptions yet to be drawn are timber built.
-- I will be deliniating the various districts (15-20 off) with a 'border' and referencing them in in the legend so hopefully that will help with the sparcity of information regarding what is what.

Thanks again, and if you see anything else that might make a difference please just say so.

MPG