Thread: Other World Mapper (mapping software), feedback request and future changes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Help File contains the following:

18 Presets and Themes
    Presets are saved under folders which together make up a “Theme.” You can create a new
    Theme and add Presets to the Theme using the Preset window.
    These folders are saved in the installation path and may be copied and shared with others.

That's good news, of course. Is there any information anywhere on how to make a new theme and preset?

Error situation:

owm_error_msg.png

This message occurred with the demo version and it still occurs with the full version. The reason that it appears is that the OWM installation did not create the folder in question. If one knows one's way around the computer one can fix it easily enough. One only needs to create the folder manually, and after that, the message no longer appears.

Again, this may be a nearly unique problem due to protective software on our computers. It's possible that the software keeps the OWM setup from creating this folder. I have no way to know whether that's the case.

Is there a place online at Three Minds where these things can be posted? They really might be of little interest to most guild members.

Servus,

EDIT: OK. I've since learned that the error message above is a known bug planned for repair in the next release.

I've also learned that you folks have a forum. Unfortunately I can't post there yet because my account remains inactive. So it goes.

On the presets and themes question above, a private E-Mail has made clear to me that I didn't make myself very clear. I already have read the instructions in the help PDF. I know the basics. What I want to know:

1. What does one need to do to make presets like your river presets that will work in OWM?

2. How does one make presets with faded edges like those delivered that will work in OWM?

FYI: I've read the full help guide and the homepage tutorials, and I've run the two videos you have on YouTube, but I have quite a number of questions to raise and points to make. However I'll wait until that day when my forum account is active.

Servus,
    Last edited by Mark Oliva; 08-30-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oliva View Post
    The Help File contains the following:

18 Presets and Themes
    Presets are saved under folders which together make up a “Theme.” You can create a new
    Theme and add Presets to the Theme using the Preset window.
    These folders are saved in the installation path and may be copied and shared with others.

That's good news, of course. Is there any information anywhere on how to make a new theme and preset?
    You can save new presets from an item's property window (button near the top left of an item's properties). From there, you'll be prompted for the preset's name and a parent theme (any you can create a new theme from there too).

I've also learned that you folks have a forum. Unfortunately I can't post there yet because my account remains inactive. So it goes.
    Sorry about the delay! I gave you forum access yesterday morning. Spam/bots have been terrible over the last few months so we do manual verification of new users. It takes a bit longer to grant access, but it's better than having bots getting through.

1. What does one need to do to make presets like your river presets that will work in OWM?

2. How does one make presets with faded edges like those delivered that will work in OWM?

FYI: I've read the full help guide and the homepage tutorials, and I've run the two videos you have on YouTube, but I have quite a number of questions to raise and points to make. However I'll wait until that day when my forum account is active.
    You can change any item's properties from the property window and then save those as a new preset, but I fear I'm missing part of your question. Let us know here or on our forums (either is good) - or if you have any other questions.

Thank you!