Thread: Mar-May '22 Lite Challenge: Map this Shape!

Default Mar-May '22 Lite Challenge: Map this Shape!

Mar-May '22 Lite Challenge: Map this Shape!

It was suggested by Kisachik that I bring back the ever popular Map this Shape for this challenge and I concur.
    At the bottom of this post is a shape, please create a map based on it. Lots of leeway for creative ideas. The shape could be an island or a continent.
    It could be a lake or ocean, or combine the ideas and have a continent made from this shape with a lake made from the same shape but inverted so it looks different.
    It also felt like there wasn't enough time to get all the maps done, everyone is so busy these days. So I am going to make this another 2 month challenge.

Please remember to title each thread: Mar-May '22 Lite Challenge: < your title here >

Also remember to preface each image you want to show up in the thumbnail scraper
    with: ### Latest WIP ### (If you don't, your map won't show up for the voters at
    voting time, which might hurt your chances. ) Try using the WIP Icon to make it nice and easy.

Please note: If you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

The challenge will end on or about the 14th of May, after which we'll have 3 days of voting. The winner of this challenge will receive, a silver compass, you know you want one!

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished, unless you start over from scratch.

DEADLINE: End of day, May 14th

Here is the shape for you to use. There are 2 versions, a B&W JPG and a Transparent background PNG.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shape2022-BW.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	133067 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shape2022-Transparent.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	133068

As in past challenges you may rotate the shape and make minor modifications to it as long as the basic shape is still apparent.
    Last edited by Bogie; 03-18-2022 at 11:07 PM.

I have always enjoyed these types of challenges, and last time I wasn't able to complete it in time (started way too late) so maybe this challenge I will be able to submit something Looking forward to see how this shape is tackled by everyone here!
    Instagram - @ftwinckless | YouTube - FT Cartography | Website - freddiewinckless.wordpress.com

The Challenge is going well, we have a good number of entries with many interesting ways of mapping this shape.
    There is just over 2 weeks left to the challenge, so you have lots of time to finish your entries, BUT don't delay!

The Challenge will be ending Saturday Night a little after midnight. That is about 28 hours from now.

Nice work everyone, but if you have not finished then now is the time to do it.