Thanks for the comments and the rep.

I hear you about the border. My kneejerk reaction was "Nuh-UH! It looks fine like it is!" But after stepping back and looking at it again, yeah, the style doesn't really blend as well with the map as I thought it did. I'll try something different. The title is a placeholder and is kinda meh.

I do like the color scheme of the map itself, the names and whatnot, so I won't be changing that. It could use some variation in climate somehow - putting some snow on the peaks is a good suggestion.

Eilathen: Oh, I haven't forgotten. Broadly, think of this as a post-Empire period of rebuilding. The Empire in this case was an Elven one, centered where the Desolation is. They dominated humankind for thousands of years, but were wiped out by plagues and magic unleashed by their human slaves. This had unintended consequences, opening rifts to some dark Chthulhu-ian dimension that still give birth to monsters and cults now and then. The remnants of the elves fled into the north where they slowly died out (or did they?).