Thread: My world - The Everlandias

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

In my search for better mountains i came once again to pasis' excellent tutorial, for which i will be using again when I try to tackle more believable town symbols. Anyway, here are four pics. The first is my orginal mountain type, the second is a mountain type i was going to use as low desert mountains, the third is my standard mountain type and the fourth is my cold/ash mountain type. I know I need more practice on actually drawing the mountains, I was never great at this style of mountain but chose it because it gives me more control on mountain placement which I need, but which of the textures/colours work and which don't. I am working on some more rock textures so if these mountains don't work I'll have some new ones up soon.

-D-
    Attached Images Attached Images
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Wow... Very nice work!

I love this style... it's actually the style I'd like to create the world map for my own project in. I think all the little details, little corners, openings in a forest, etc... help to stir my imagination to what might be hidden away in there that some adventurous person might discover.

Are there any specific tutorials or references that you used in putting this together? I read through most of the thread, though I may have missed such details since it was kind of a lot to read and I did skim a bit :-p.

Also, I'm starting to learn GIMP seriously now (dabbled with it on and off, but always resorted back to PS), so this would be a great way to learn the software and create an (ideally) attractive map.

Thanks!