Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: June / July '17 Lite Challenge: Inspired by Malacandra

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Cool, really cool. The only suggestion I might have at this point is to reduce the size of the cliff face texture.
    Thanks Wired. I was thinking of doing that, but somehow.... I just like it that way. The landscape Lewis describes is by modern standards wildly outlandish, and I feel the scale of the stonework reflects that and enhances the graphic expression of that outlandishness - cartoonish

I can change it without much trouble, but I'll leave that decision to the end when I can see what the whole of the map looks like

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    The map has a great feeling to it ! A little remark here, and I hope you cannot unsee it The red dots kinda look like a blood splatter. (seats back in his armchair, stroking his white cat and grinning in the dark)
    ROFL! Revenge at last!

I was wondering when you would get me back for that dragon I couldn't un-see in your treasure map

Thanks Thomas

This looks great so far

Thanks Hadrian

However, I'm about as likely to finish in time as fly to the moon, so I'll have to continue it in a WIP thread after the Challenge is over

Your entry is looking very fine, and you are far closer to being finished with it than I am with mine

I lost 6 hrs work earlier when I tried to stroke the path (shown blue below), and crashed GIMP.

I've more or less caught up with where I was, but I'm not even going to finish the cliffs (never mind the trees) before time's up

### Latest WIP ###
    Malacandra 11.jpg

EDIT: sorry - didn't realise the path wouldn't render, despite being visible.

This is a screen shot to show the offending path. I've crashed GIMP three times now trying to stroke a very straightforward dashed line along it.

Path.jpg
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-12-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Looking Good Sue! Software problems s-ck! My wife & I broke Facebook loading vacation pictures & videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    My wife & I broke Facebook...
    Amid much rejoicing

LOL! I guess you must be pretty famous, Bogie I don't think I know anyone else who can make that particular claim!

To be perfectly honest I'm not that keen on FB, but I do use it just to listen to the global grapevine and keep up with everything that's going on

Thank you. I will try to get as much done as possible, but I have other commitments this morning that I promised to fulfil several weeks ago, and there's just too much to do to be able to finish it now that I've had that set back.

Never mind! I tried

Log book record:

GIMP crashes: 7 - seriously!
    Stupid mistakes leading to the above: 4
    *palm face* incidents: at least 5

Here's a total remix on the colour palette

### Latest WIP ###
    Malacandra 14.jpg

Ouch. You've done wonderfully keeping at it
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Weird, I don't remember GIMP being this unstable. Hope you can still put in the finishing touches on this marvellous piece, Mouse!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast