Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merelan City

Guild Expert

Looks great Mouse! This is probably one of the best uses of cc3 that I've seen, and by far my favourite of you'rs. It was a nice surprise to come here, and see this finally finished today, I know it's been a long time coming, and you've done an excellent job...as always.

Great map Mouse, absolutely worthy of the REP. I really love the way you did the rocky shallow water reefs. Living on the coast of Maine, I can say without a doubt You Nailed It!!

On a side note, if you are interested in little backstories, the partially built ship on the beach is a photo I took of a model of the building of the full size replica of Christopher Columbus's ship The Pinta when it visited Portsmouth, New Hampshire a few years ago.

Gz Mouse. Beautiful map.

I would consider uploading smaller size map though if you worrying about map beeiing stolen. I don't suspect anyone from us here will post it anywehere else, but there are milions of people searching via google images, and our maps are displayed there also. Someone may happen to find this one and download it without knowing the source and reding you post.

I still can't rep you again normal way so....

What do you think of Mouse's post.
    I approve
    Your comment on this post:
    Splendid piece of work, worth every rep.
    Mouse's rep + 100
    Last edited by Voolf; 12-10-2016 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Looks great Mouse! This is probably one of the best uses of cc3 that I've seen, and by far my favourite of you'rs. It was a nice surprise to come here, and see this finally finished today, I know it's been a long time coming, and you've done an excellent job...as always.
    Thanks Kacey

There were times I thought it would never be finished, and times when I thought it was nearly there but suddenly realised I'd completely forgotten something that would require another 8 sheets (layers) to put right. Its had a bit of a rough journey, and its been going so long now that I'm actually going to miss trying to sort out all the effects and little details! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Great map Mouse, absolutely worthy of the REP. I really love the way you did the rocky shallow water reefs. Living on the coast of Maine, I can say without a doubt You Nailed It!!

On a side note, if you are interested in little backstories, the partially built ship on the beach is a photo I took of a model of the building of the full size replica of Christopher Columbus's ship The Pinta when it visited Portsmouth, New Hampshire a few years ago.
    Aw thanks Bogie

That's your sand texture creating the Flats, and paving every inch of the roads. There's also one of your crystal balls forming the dome on the Temple of Rusaar, and again on the observatory to the north west of the temple. One of your tiled patterns is pretending to be a paved area in the temple garden to the north of the temple. I think there are other boats from your Bogie's Mapping Objects Collection - mingled with boats that Jo gave me to use from his Alycrau map... (Thanks Jo)

Thanks for telling me where the larger boat came from, and what it really is. You won't believe what it's going to be doing in my little story... but I can't tell you that right now or I'll spoil it for everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Gz Mouse. Beautiful map.

I would consider uploading smaller size map though if you worrying about map beeiing stolen. I don't suspect anyone from us here will post it anywehere else, but there are milions of people searching via google images, and our maps are displayed there also. Someone may happen to find this one and download it without knowing the source and reding you post.

I still can't rep you again normal way so....

What do you think of Mouse's post.
    I approve
    Your comment on this post:
    Splendid piece of work, worth every rep.
    Mouse's rep + 100
    Thank you, Voolf - glowing praise indeed!

I am aware that Version 44 of this map (a much lesser creature that has no trees and only half the city) has already been pinned. I have some very mixed feelings about that, since I wasn't asked and no credit is given... other than the fact I had already started to put my copyright notice on the map by then... I considered uploading a very tiny image of the map here, but you see - not only is the one that's been pinned less than half finished, its only 20% the size of the original, so making something relatively tiny doesn't even work.

All I can say is that if anyone ever tries to charge me for advertising my book they will have a very hard time if they aren't able to produce my written permission for them to display the artwork in the first place. I know the map is vulnerable, but the real fun in trying to protect everything is really only going to start once I publish the book. You wouldn't believe the things that happen to books. Quite often the cover artwork is stolen by scammers, and re-posted on other websites to trick people into giving their details away in the belief they are getting a free copy! I will only ever be selling mine from the official Amazon website, and I certainly won't be asking for anyone's identity!

Always be careful when clicking a freebie.

EDIT: I've just discovered that most of the WIP maps have been pinned!
    Last edited by Mouse; 12-11-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Hold on to those FCW files Mouse. Those are your safeguard for proving you are the original owner if someone tries something.

Thanks Tonnichiwa I also have the original textures I made for the grass, the rocks and the temple roof... not to mention some 150 mature trees I hand crafted from smaller trees I rendered in Vue. So that's all the Genetica and Vue source files as well

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

nice. I'm glad I bought Genetica when I did. It I such a great program!

I'm hoping that I will be able to save enough up to get the pro version before whatever happens... happens, since I could only afford Genetica Basic at the time of purchase. I can't create grass in the basic version, but only manipulate stock photos and import my own photos in the future. I guess that will have to do if I don't make very much with the book

Hey Mouse, love what you have done here. And i would never have guessed that it is a CC map.
    The colors are great and i also love the layout and the little details (like the windmills). A very atmospheric city map. Not sure if i can Rep. you yet (probably not :-/) but i'll try. Well done!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Great map and a master piece, Mouse. It's incredible what you can do with CC . I guess it's a relief to finish such a city map, the wip thread is one of the longest I see in this forum, besides those of vorro . Deserve all the rep I can give .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast