Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mioris - My World Building Project

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    It's not bad but I still prefer the original version because it is easier to read. The place where you insert the text is half hidden under a grey line.
    But it's useful to be able to save and load already generated countries.

I'm thinking about working on a population density calculator.
    Do you mind taking a screenshot about the grey line issue you mentioned? I don't have that issue on my computers so I'm thinking it's probably a Windows scaling issue.

Also, what do you mean by the original version? The website I linked where I got the information about how to calculate the data?

It looks like this, I'm using Windows 7

Sans titre-1.jpg

Yes that website.

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    It looks like this, I'm using Windows 7

Sans titre-1.jpg

Yes that website.
    Thanks!

But that's strange, I'll look into it.

Also, the main purpose of this tool is just to do the quick calculations and then use that data in another form. That's why I have the Text, BBCode, and Table buttons. Using those, you can put the data in a word file, website that supports BBCode (You can see that in action on my world anvil page), or excel sheets (or anything else that uses tables).

Anyways, I'm going to have time to work on the actual map this weekend and should have something up soon!

I finished placing all of the towns and cities. I currently have two versions. The first is the capitols and cities, and the second has all the towns placed as well. I feel like the second version looks a little crowded and I am currently leaning towards the first.

I also added some texture to the ocean to try and give it some variety. Not sure if I'm happy with it or not yet.

CapCitOcean.jpg

CapCitTownOcean.jpg

Yes the second version is pretty crowded and the town placement in the first version looks better.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Once I get to the regional maps I think I will add icons for the towns since I'll have a larger resolution per nation to work with.

Quick update. I added the compass rose and some lines to the map. I put a pretty simple border around the map and then threw all that on a parchment background. The current text is something I'm playing around with. It will most likely change.

Also, the dashed border is just a placeholder. I'm planning on doing something more elegant. The plan for the space to the left of the map itself is information about the different nations on the map.

I still have to do the nation borders and add roads also.

CART.jpg

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ottehcnor's Avatar

This is really looking great! Can't wait to see how it goes from here. The icons you used look nice on this map, especially with the parchment added.

One thing in the most recent picture. With the border on the map, it seems to not belong on the parchment to me. Perhaps its too dark of a boarder or the fact that it goes all the way to the edge of the parchment. Maybe you still have editing you plan on doing with it, but right now it feels copy-pasted onto a parchment background.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing more of what you do with it.

OK so I've been working on 'Coat of Arms' for each nation and finally finished all of them. Strictly speaking, this isn't a map, but these will be used on the map to identify each nation.

The top row (Under Andefara) is for the western most continent while the rest of the rows (Under Cerdic) is for the eastern continent. Next I plan on figuring out what to do for the borders and roads, and then I want to finalize the decoration parts of the map.

Note: These Coat of Arms do not follow our worlds actual guidelines for heraldry. I just used those rules for inspiration.

TOGETHER.jpg
    Last edited by tamhelsel; 05-20-2018 at 09:13 PM.

The Kingdom of Helviir's motto should be "Hear us roar". As for the Barislav Protectorate, what is "Unreakable"? Should this be "Unwreakable"? "Unbreakable"?

As for the designs themselves, they all are easily distinguished from one another, so they should serve the purpose of battlefield identification well enough, with the lone exception of the Heroes Republic and the Kingdom of Yare, which would likely be problematic to distinguish in less than ideal light. You might want to brighten one or the other.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast