Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reyalinn

Love this! This'll be a great addition to your collection of town maps when it's done!

Thanks, Daniel!

Kellerica: It's going to be a barrow. It'll look more like one once I have shaded the terrain.

I should finish this tonight or tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Looking really awesome, I can't wait to see the final piece.

Most of the colouring is done but I've still got some small details to add and some weathering to the rocks. Then it will be time to label it.

I'm impressed you keep putting these out. I want to do some town maps, in fact, I need to, but I always put them off because I just don't feel like I could stick with it. Drawing so many squares and making them look interesting well, I'm just not sure if I can do it. I might find that I love it once I try it but from this side of the map I am in serious doubt.

Anyway, this is marvelous as usual.

If you don't mind (I don't recall if anyone has asked) how much time does it take you to put out something like this, considering you have perfected your techniques of course? I'm always finding new ways to do stuff myself.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Sometimes it can be hard to stick with it. I probably have almost as many abandoned large town maps. Villages are easier to stick with so I'd recommend starting with those - plus villages can be really interesting too anyway. I love village and town maps so I always encourage everyone to give them a try. One comment you made I think I'd like to pick up on - "squares and making them look interesting" - YES that is pretty much what it is and anyone can do that.

As for how long it has taken - I'm not sure. I tend to work on things in two hour bursts but I also get distracted a lot. =P Maybe 6-8 hours on this? I'm not sure. I should time myself on one.

Glad to see you could tear your eyes from weird puzzle videos long enough to make some progress!

Seriously, though, this is looking great. I like the earthy green tones of the whole piece.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

The blue fin tuna puzzle is better than the cow one. Just so you know. =P

Good to know.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

After watching another one of those puzzles, I've decided the pig is the best one. =P

Anyway I'd say I'm done now. Same silly title font as my Saeyanna map which this is a companion to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast