Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

The last couple of rats rock!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Name: Artos Penhaligon
    Race: Half-elf
    Loation: Rhadim, Thargellian Highlands

The former head of Rhadim's thieves' guild, Artos Penhaligon founded a rivalling guild after being grilled out by Lloyd McSang. As Rhadim is a bustling and international port city, it allows - but just barely - for two thieves' guilds to coexist. Neither has many members in total and some are even claiming membership in both organisations.

Lloyd McSang used to be Artos' second-in-command, but Lloyd replaced Artos after Lloyd staged a succesful operation against a merchant vessel. Many of the members of the thieves' guild had issues with Artos not being a native Dyvari and this caused racial friction within the guild. The new competing guild is mainly comprised of non-Dyvari and thus the two guilds have a clear ideological distinction between them.

Artos Penhaligon has been a devout follower of Syth for all this adult life. He even considers the guild he is leading a religious group as well as a secular criminal group. As of yet the religious undertone of the guild has not repelled any members, but some have expressed their consern of this. The connection to Syth has also acquinted Artos to several rather infamous dark elf thieves and priests. Dark elven influence in the city has alarmed the city officials. It is suspected that the newly seen high-profile and visible presence of Valan's paladins is linked to this - they are possibly retained by the city to get rid of the dark elven influence and whatever it is that draws them to the city.

### PIC ###

Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: typo

More rep coming your way 12rounds. You are doing some amazing work!
    So how much time did you spend on these latest additions? Because you make it look so easy, and I know it isn't
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    More rep coming your way 12rounds. You are doing some amazing work!
    So how much time did you spend on these latest additions? Because you make it look so easy, and I know it isn't
    Thank you.

The first rat-man amounted to around 4 hours. The second rat-man probably 3,5 hours. Artos Penhaligon took maybe 4 hours from start to finish.

Just trying to catch up on the additions since I last checked. There's loads.
    I love the flavour you're adding to the world.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Another Hengeyokai. Snow Owl shapechanger.

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Praise Something else I think!

It really looks like a Kenku, if you ask me. Don't know if its actual Japanese folklore, probably though. But an old D&D Japanese humanoid, was a Kenku or bird man. They didn't fly, but had bird heads, and feet, with human torso and hands, as you have them.

Hengeyokai are generally mammals only.

Tengu, which to me is a long nosed goblin (my favorite as a kid), some consider them bird-like as well, there are many versions of this legendary humanoid. So Japanese mythos had bird-men beings. However, they weren't hengeyokai.

Generally Hengeyokai include: fox (especially fox women), badger, rabbit, rat, cat, dog, monkey. I think Oriental Adventures added the crane, sparrow, and carp to that list (though I don't know how accurate that is to actual folklore.)

Excellent job, just the same!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I think it's a cool image. Love the fact that only his hands and posture are human.

Looking at the ratmen again they remind me a bit of Splinter, the master of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Mostly because Splinter was also always wearing a kimono.
    (and no, I haven't watched TMNT for about 15 years!)
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast