Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Egishirgal Seven Worlds

Those illustrations are amazing!!! You're working wonders with that tablet.
    Those worlds are really neat, it's a wonderful idea.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Wow... Thanks for the praise and support guys!
    I'm going to not mess with the other beasts and additional elements on the map !

BY Diamond
    I think I may want you to draw my next tattoo!
    Haha , that would be quite logical in a way, since I often took inspiration (and have again, for some of those) on tattos for logos/designs.

Keep in mind I'm doing those beasts as illustrations for my players and for the map of the different countries, not for this particular map (it's a bit confusing, I know...).
    By Cartography Dragon
    On a different note, the creature illustrations are fantastic, and certainly an interesting break from the norm.
    Glad you think so! I'm trying to do something a bit different and yet recognizable... Hence the need for illustrations or my players would never clearly see what a Calydon or Nephelea looks like (despite my verbal descriptions).

Hum, trying to do a bit more and to redo the "elements" symbols for the seven worlds. Starting with the four "elemental worlds" around the main world of Agartha... and I'm really struggling with the Water... I wanted to do a sort of a wave, but fail to do something satisfying till now.
    Egishirgal WIP.jpeg

Wow! I agree with what the others said. Amazing beasts! I normally am expecting to be wow-ed by your maps, Ilanthar, but this is also very nice (although i'd like to see another "normal" map out of your shop asap ).

The only thing i can not let stand without another comment is: A beast named Cerberus with only one head...NO WAY!!! *angry face* ....
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Hi Ilanthar, another map i drooled over already, but missed to comment on Man, i'd love to play some pen&paper in these worlds, especially if there are such great maps and monster illustrations by the GM! I think the water looks great, the texture is subtle but makes the water looks very lively. Have you considered to make the "edge of the world" not as a circular line, but only with white curved lines following the flow of the water down the edge (hope you understand what i mean )? The symbols of the planes look awesome. Is Arceä the plane of fire? If so, i'm curious how you plan to depict it. Would love to hear a bit more about the background of these worlds. I love the concept of Valdemyr as a plateau continent! You wrote above, you're struggling with the depiction of the moutainous and rocky "underground". I feel you could also add some vertical linework like you did on the Arceä plane to make it look more "rock solid".
    Will subscribe to this thread, so i won't miss any further updates... Keep up the awesome work!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

I'll be back for more comments when I got more time but for the moment, that's putain d'impressionnant !

EDIT : et ça passe la censure en français !!!

Wow, amazing! The perspective is great and the illustrations are wonderful!

Aaannd, thanks again everyone !

@Eilathen : yup, sorry, I wanted fantastic but unusual beasts... And except for the Hydra, all of them will have just one head .
    @Abu Lafia : Arceä is indeed the world of fire. Its seas are made of fiery sands, a warm dust so fine you drown in, moved by underwater lava currents. It's a hot world covered by desert but also by strange jungles and forests. I'll probably write a general depiction of each world.
    @Thomrey : héhé, merci et ouaip, un gros majeur à la censure .

Just a bit more logos and the good suggestions of Abu Lafia (thanks!).
    Egishirgal WIP.jpeg

And some more. The main thing is done, it's a matter of labels and informations now.
    Egishirgal WIP.jpeg
    And concerning the "beasts", I've done the Calydon. It's not to scale btw, the Calydon being one of the biggest creatures with the Hydra.
    Mythic Beasts.jpg

Reminds me of Final Fantasy 6 (I'll always remember it as 3) and the Espers, which is a pretty cool vibe to tap into. This project is really something.

Thanks Falconius .
    I just played FF7, so, don't even know what "Espers" are.

Close to an end. I added the text (don't worry, I'll put some translation later). Maybe I'll put something to make the title more obvious...
    Egishirgal WIP.jpeg
    And the Basilisk.
    Mythic Beasts.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast