Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Ethran: Merelan City

Version 49 (I think, but may have lost count). Sorry its been a while!

After a lot of fiddling around with various techniques concerning trees I finally settled on a set I created from images rendered in Vue Pioneer.

Not so sure the colours work very well... Might need to reduce the saturation a bit!

C&C welcome

V49 3000.JPG

The trees really bring the place to life and the frame adds a little je-ne-sais-quoi (excuse my french, really) that makes the whole map pop. Great job !

Merci beaucoup thomrey

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

WOW !

So glad I could see this one finished !!!!

You spent so much time and effort in this one... and it was really worth it !

The effects are so well done that you really have the feeling of flying above the city !

Congratulations !!!!!

Thanks Jo, though its not quite finished yet

I have a bit more forest, a few tents and a little touching up to be getting on with, but its close. I've not decided whether I will put it up on Finished Maps or not when I'm done with it. I'm sure everyone has seen quite enough of this map over the last couple of months, but I will let you know when its really finished. Those are your boats after all

Great !

Lovely looking map Mouse.
    One thing, I don't know what is the top left green part. I guess forest? It seems like it lacks some shadows. Close to the big island looks kinda flat.

Oh, i just relized this is veeery long thread. You have been working with this for quite a long time. Congratulations !

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    Great !
    Thanks Warlin

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Lovely looking map Mouse.
    One thing, I don't know what is the top left green part. I guess forest? It seems like it lacks some shadows. Close to the big island looks kinda flat.

Oh, i just relized this is veeery long thread. You have been working with this for quite a long time. Congratulations !
    Thanks Voolf

That flat area is officially an area of salt marsh, but due to the drought its kind of dead-ish, hence the orange/brown unhealthy look of it as the river levels continue to fall and the salt water leaches further and further into the banks. There are going to be trees there, but not before I've put all the refugee tents up (which means I have to draw them in). Merelan City is about the last green spot left on Ethran, so there's almost a second city starting to grow up in the salt marsh - only the southernmost tip of which will be visible in this map.

I am, once again, hoping that this will be finished relatively quickly now, since I'm miles behind with the writing of the story! LOL!

Looks great, the trees as mentioned really do a great job. I like that paved fan thing near the dome. You should consider putting a scale in.

Thanks Falconius

The paved patio is from Bogie's Mapping Objects, and as far as a scale goes... hmmmn. I sort of... compare the size of the thing I'm just about to paste, with the size of the things around it that I've already put in place, and adjust accordingly. Since the buildings are all at one set scale it doesn't ever get too distorted anywhere.

I will put a scale on it for you, when I've finished pasting the trees on and drawn a few tents in place

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast