Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tarantia

Is the river texture one that you can rotate? It seems like it might go better if it were rotated more vertically.
    Right now it looks like it runs at a diagonal, from top right to lower left. If it were rotated maybe 30-40 degrees counter clockwise, that would put it vertical.
    It could make the water flow better maybe.
    That is a monster amount of roofs there. When it's all done you are getting repped to the fullest of my ability.

This map is looking very nice, job well done. One thing I don't understand is why the different colors for different areas? I know there is a reason and the only thing I can come up with is to distinguish different districts, that right? Oh and have you thought about adding a few more bridges? The three you have within the city walls seem like they would be very, very congested. I really like your castle.

@J.Edward : considering what you said, I changed the texture. I think it's better now.

@Ascanius : thanks! The different colors are indeed a way to show the different districts. And the bridges are actually supposed to be crowded .

Update, with the begining of the work on terrain.
    Tarantia2.jpg

Very nice Ilanthar. That works really well. The fields are looking nice too.

Thanks. I thought the limits of crops/ways were not clear enough. So, here's an attempt with blurred lines around crops (in the south west part). And another addition to the general ground.
    Is it better?
    Tarantia2.jpg
    Oh, and by the way, I've no idea of how I'm gonna do the big cemetery in the north of the city... Any suggestions would be great!
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 03-23-2015 at 12:03 PM. Reason: precisions

Yeah, that looks good. Especially with the addition of those bits of trees and shadow in there.
    Really coming along nicely Ilanthar. I know you'll be glad to finally be finished.

Hi Ilanthar. The ground texture looks really great now. The repeating pattern was the only little thing that stood in the way of calling it a wonderful, ...(add more english praises i'm not aware of) city-map. The added crops look very nice too.
    For the cemetery i found a historic map of Frankfurt where practically the whole area around the city walls is full of cemeteries (if i inteprete the crosses rightly as crosses, might be they are actually trees )

Thanks guys. Glad to know it's working. I've reduced a bit the tree shadows and added some more.

@Abu Lafia : very good historic map! I can't really put crosses... The inhabitants are not christians. But yeah, maybe trying something like tombstones.
    Tarantia2.jpg

Update : trees and passages (all, I think) done.

The file is too big so I've done two files side by side for a global view.
    Tarantia G.jpgTarantia D.jpg

Abu Lafia: I'm more inclined to interpret all those as orchards rather than graveyards. That would be an awful lot of scattered consecrated ground afterall. I can't be sure though so I might go look it up. =P

Ilanther: Really impressive looking. Definitely worth all the time and effort.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast