Thread: Best regards from germany, a newbie cartographer here!

Post Best regards from germany, a newbie cartographer here!

Hello everyone,

first things first: I'm Adrian, 22 years old and from Leipzig, Germany. I found this forum months ago and it helped me insane in my progress of my first (digital) map.

Mapping was since my first story i wrote a central point and it did so much fun to create my very first map. At this moment i knew, that I want to create more of it.

My newest story takes part in a fictional continent with many unique areas, what brought me to the point again to create the map for it. Till this point, i drew my maps of blank paper with a pencil. But i wanted a digital map created in an image editing program, like GIMP. I searched for informations and ended up here. This forum helped me so damn much and now I decided to become a part of the huge "cartographer-family", even if it's just a footnote in my main activities.

I will put in my current map at this point, it is a WIP. Many things are missing, like Rivers, Citys, Roads and Captations, but it is a good base to work with!

Hope you have a nice day and a beautiful weekend and happy mapping!

Adrian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hallo Adrian, wilkommen ... Always glad to welcome new members, we are a diverse bunch from all over the world. And congrats on posting your first map in here - you should make a thread in the WIP section where you get help and critique while you work - don't worry, we're a nice bunch
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Gruaß Di' Gott nach Sachsen! Willkommen an Bord! Mer Franggn freien uns auf Dei`Landkarten. Nu glor!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project