Thread: New Cartographer

Default New Cartographer

Hello,

My name is Nathan and I'm a brand new member here. I have plenty of experience in making sketch and draft maps, but I'm inexperienced in using the latest software. It has been a fantastic experience learning about all the software, but also overwhelming. If any of you seasoned veterans have any tips, pointers, or feedback, it would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to spending some time discussing ideas and learning along the way.
    Thank you

Hi Nathan, and welcome to the Guild. If you're just getting started with digital mapping, you'd probably be best working through a couple of tutorials. Even if the end style isn't particularly what you want, you'll learn a lot just from following the steps in the tutorial and, afterwards, you can take your new skills further on your own.

This thread is a good starting point. Also, this thread has a bunch of PDF tutorials to download.

If you need help with something specific, start a thread and ask your questions.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the guild Nathan.. lots of good tutorials in here so browse around and ask all you like
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise