Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: WIP - The Eastern shores of Ehren

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Just passing by to say how beautiful this map already is! I love your forests.
    Thank's Ilanthar.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Also passing by to say the same thing

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Also passing by to say the same thing
    Thank's Max, some of the elements were largely inspired by you're Elandaria map, most notably the forest style, so I'm glad you like it.

Guild Expert

I haven't been working on this lately, but I did some more labelling a couple of weeks ago, so just wanted to post a quick update. There's still allot of work to be done, I just needed a break from this one for a bit. I hope to come back to it in a couple of weeks with fresh eyes instead of tired disdain.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zWIP Ehren-Nations update.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	9.36 MB 
ID:	87546

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

No need of tired disdain ! Your work is great here !
    I find the map very consistent ! You put a lot of work in details (trees, fonts, etc.) and the result is really good !

Sometimes a break is necessary when working on the same thing for so long. Even just a short time away from your map can help you to see it in a completely fresh light.

in your case I hope you come back and realise it is actually a pretty excellent map after all, and forget the disdain you might currently feel

Guild Expert

Thank's for the Rep -JO- , and Mouse, I really appreciate the encouragement to move forward. I really have spent far too much time on this, all there's really left to do is the rest of the labelling, and I hope to do something different with the title as well, and of course a scale, I spent allot of time behind the scenes trying to figuring out the size of this place not to add one... It's just hard to see the finish line.

Tired disdain for this beauty?! I'm glad you have never seen my maps

I still think this is a fantastic map! The only thing i'd wish is for the forests to get more omph!! , if that makes sense. They're too subtle for me. But the flavor and atmosphere this map transports is A-grade! So don't sell yourself short, kacey!

Sometimes a break does help, so i'd say just try it out. Here's hoping you'll be motivated again when you return
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Tired disdain for this beauty?! I'm glad you have never seen my maps

I still think this is a fantastic map! The only thing i'd wish is for the forests to get more omph!! , if that makes sense. They're too subtle for me. But the flavor and atmosphere this map transports is A-grade! So don't sell yourself short, kacey!

Sometimes a break does help, so i'd say just try it out. Here's hoping you'll be motivated again when you return
    ah, but I have seen you're map's, I just wish you'd post more of them, I'm envious of those who have the patients to do them by hand, and yours are nothing to bock at. I'm still an avid lurker here at the forum, and I creep around all the profiles of people who post on my thread, you didn't think I'd pass yours by did you. The one you did with you're friend in PS is very nice, I'd like to see more.

As for the trees, I may try and work on them some more like you suggested, I'll see how much steam I have left for it when I get back to work on this project in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    ah, but I have seen you're map's, I just wish you'd post more of them, I'm envious of those who have the patients to do them by hand, and yours are nothing to bock at. I'm still an avid lurker here at the forum, and I creep around all the profiles of people who post on my thread, you didn't think I'd pass yours by did you. The one you did with you're friend in PS is very nice, I'd like to see more.
    Thanks for the kind words, kacey.
    I don't post more because as of now, there are no more handdrawn maps. I have neglected that for a long time now.

Funny you should mention patience...because that is what i also envy in you guys...i always give up with PS or Gimp long before i can make a map that looks acceptable. Fortunately for me, my friend has more patience for such electronic tools. I like what he has done so far with that map you mentioned.

So, if i am completely honest, i'd trade your skill with PS for my patience with pen and paper in a heart-beat

Anyway, that's way off-topic. Hope you'll find back to your motivation for this map here, because i'd love to see a finished version
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast