Thread: Practicing to improve

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected joaodafi's Avatar

Map Practicing to improve

I started a new map, here it is:

Attachment 118055

I'm trying to make a more of a drawn map, but it is my first time using one of This and to be honest, im struggling, but i manage to get this done:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crop.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	118056

I'm not very happy about the colors too.

Adivice is welcome, especially about configuring this Wacon thing.
    Sorry any grammatical error, I'm better with Portuguese than English.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Wacom is great! I love my Intuos. I wish I had a digital screen one, but it will be a long while before I can afford something of that nature. As to configuring, I know with my Intous you have to have the right driver installed, and updated. Once that is done, you should have a program you can run to set the options up you want. Like with my table, I have buttons on the left and right side of the pad and I can configure them to whatever I want. on the left side I have them set up with CTRL, SHIFT, ALT and SCROLL on the right side I have them configured for ZOOM in and out and BRUSH SIZE UP and DOWN ... which is the shift + ] shift +[ keys...

I have my stylus buttons configured for double click and right click... There are many other options you can setup. Maybe if you had a specific question about it I could help more.

There are also plenty of how to tutorials on mountians here at the guild and on youtube for drawing mountains.

Del
    Have Pen. Will Map.
    Have Dice. Will Travel.
    GM for Hire | Artist and Cartographer | Free Quotes on

good start! looking forward to more mountains