I'm publishing a post-apocalyptic trilogy set in West Virginia 50 years after a cataclysm has set back civilization hundreds of years. Think "banjo-punk," or The Village if it were post-apocalyptic. Beta readers have suggested that a map of the town and possibly the surrounding area might make the story easier to follow. I'd like the style to be folksy/old-timey/worn/"distressed." Any kind of homespun, wry, or folksy additions or illuminations to the map to make it seem more of a product of a close-knit, simple society would go a long way to imbedding it into the world of the story.

Following are some examples of things I have in mind.
1W-WV-BS-1889__41078__25882.jpg

or

1W-NY-CG-1888__63961__01956.jpg

For a topographical map, something like this would be neat:

txu-pclmaps-topo-wv-parsons-1906.jpg

The copyright would remain with the artist. Besides including it in my book, I would like to include it in promotional materials (like at a table at book signings, 'cause maps are cool, man).

I was thinking the map would be in grayscale or sepia tone, 300 minimum dpi, TIFF or PNG format.

I would like to have this done sometime before September, but I'd prioritize quality work over deadlines. Feel free to send me rough drafts and get feedback; I'd love to work collaboratively!

As far $$$ goes, $350 is as much as my budget will allow.

If you're interested, you can reach me at leavus342@gmail.com. I can send you a crude back-of-the-napkin sketch of the town. I look forward to working with you!