Thread: Territories of Ami-Kotrai - Guild World

Default Territories of Ami-Kotrai - Guild World

So everyone's posting their finished Guild World plots on here, so I shall also.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Josiah's Lands.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	84361

My area was country 13, and called the Territories of Ami-Kotrai. Here are the write-ups of the lands taken directly from the map

Gondevash Empire
    The rightful ruler of the territories, but there has been strong rebellion against them and now only supremely rule a small portion of the land. They claim to rule the Free Lands as well but hold very little control over it, although they do dispute the border with Haschmal. After the initial successful conquest of the lands Gondevash had control over nearly the whole country, with the motto “United As One”, but in the years to come their prosperity dwindled.

Nation of Haschmal
    The main resistors against the empire and in rebellion they split, declaring themselves a separate country from Gondevash. The climate is a bit colder than the west, and these lands are ruled by chiefs, each with their own fortress. The border with the Free Lands is a battlefield between Haschmal and Gondevash with many defenses and fortresses here.

Hidden Cities
    A secret network of radical anti-cheese monks, dedicated to eradicating the evil cheese from the land. They have undermined the Peace of Cheese somewhat and now surrounding countries are wary to make a treaty with them, fearing for the safety of their own cheese. Now however the 16 Duchies have agreed to send in some small detachments of troops to aid in the destruction of the Hidden Cities and their inhabitants.
    The Free Lands Encompassing the Central Prairies this area is rich with cheese farmers, and some who do not like to be under the taxes and rule of Gondevash. Under the stress of dealing with the rebellions and the Hidden Cities Gondevash does not have the resources and soldiers to enforce their rule. So for the most part these towns are completely independent, and every free to do as they will. Despite of this they still have good relations with Gondevash and trade much cheese with them as well as Haschmal.

Undukthar
    Sworn enemies of another dwarven clan called Kharazkig. Their rivalry goes back to ancient dwarf families and chieftains holding grudges against each other and over time they acquired a natural hate for the other. The Undukthar dwarves have more fierce a hate for the enemy clan than Kharazkig for them. The dwarves are born and raised training as hardened warriors.

Kharazkig
    This faction of dwarves will often meet in battle against its rival clan Undukthar in the mountains and plain of Khilang-Thale, the country above them. However these dwarves are slightly less hateful of their rivals, however they make up for it with a zealous hate for anti-cheese radicals, as they are very fond of alpaca cheese. There are dozens of peaceful farms on the west foothills of the Turcomoth Mountains but even they will slaughter any Hidden City Warriors that come near.

Khizdushar
    A faction of dwarves who have settled themselves in the Mother’s Spine. They are few and far between, but if the time comes they can rally and form a formidable army. They only keep occasional contact. They are high in the mountains and very few people have ever reached them. If anyone tries to cross through the Kendabi Pass however, the dwarven garrison at Kushak and Entso will slaughter them.¬ Little is known about them from the outside world.

Katamu Tribes Extremely savage warring tribes that inhabit the strange and mysterious prairies of the Mangrath plateau. They do not have permanent cities but rather move season to season in temporary camps. Gondevash has never been able to hold control of these lands long because the tribes massacre any stranger that wanders onto the plateau. There is one tribe is in the thick jungles at the base of the plateau.

Those descriptions all together are quite large so I made it a smaller font, hopefully you can still read it.

I'm still trying to develop my part of the Guild World, I made a thread for it HERE.

Also the WIP thread for this is HERE.

Thanks for all the comments along the way, and let me know what you think.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

A beautiful, complete and very original contribution to the Guildworld Josiah! Very well done.

I heartily agree with Ilanthar. A very attractive map with rich cultural detail (but what's with all the cheese hate?).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Fantastic work yet again, Josiah! Well done.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    A beautiful, complete and very original contribution to the Guildworld Josiah! Very well done.
    Thank you Ilanthar!

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    I heartily agree with Ilanthar. A very attractive map with rich cultural detail (but what's with all the cheese hate?).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh!
    Hmm.. I'm not quite sure actually. People were making these Peace of Cheese treaties and I thought there needed to be some conflict in there.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Fantastic work yet again, Josiah! Well done.
    Thanks ChickPea!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

When I first opened I thought, "Everything is so small? Why is everything so small?" then I clicked to zoom in... "Wow this is detailed!!!" Awesome detailing in the mountains.