Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: August 2016 Challenge: All's Well That's In The Well

Blog Entries

I tried the windows one last time and it was very cool. Quite confusing going around those narrow passages - you get lost without the mini map. Its a lot of work doing stuff in 3D.

That's cool, and yeah I agree you'd totally get lost without a map, which just goes to show how important they are. I like that you are moving the water surface now and the sound effects when you first drop in really add a lot. Also, secret tunnel thumbs up.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, and it really shows how cramped some of these dungeons can feel if you stick to the 5 foot grid. Though I think this may be smaller. It was tricky getting the 3d coordinates to line up with the 2d coordinates on the map.

Sent from my m8wl using Tapatalk
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I think its totally excellent... even though I bumped my nose on the wall a couple of times. LOL

That's freaking impressive !!!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I think its totally excellent... even though I bumped my nose on the wall a couple of times. LOL
    If you load up the project and make the collision mesh visible, you'll see how a lot of the rock wall details aren't in it. Which means all of the protruding parts aren't actually stopping you from passing through them, so you very well may have bumped into it and then through it.

Collision in games is tricky. I'm glad godot handles most all of the math for me.

Sent from my m8wl using Tapatalk
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Well I was bouncing more often than going through anything, but you get that problem even with professional games. I have a reputation for skiing straight through all those silly trees in my friends favourite Wii game, so I still think your dungeon is totally excellent

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567