Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first real attempt at a map.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

For Canyons I would look for a tut by Torstan. He has a thread here where he goes into his techniques for that. I don't have the time ATM to find it but if you search the tut thread you should be able to.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Guild Apprentice

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crazy_map4.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	9.51 MB 
ID:	94053
    update on my progress, steered away from the finials and the decorations for a bit in order to get back to the actual mapping, let me know what you think. My client is just telling me to "Do what you want" so i need suggestions

Changelog:
    Added centralized lake for
    Added tributaries
    Added secondary mountain range in southeast
    added first major forest
    added hill area in southeast

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

While I like your trees individually, I think that you have placed them WAY too uniformly. With the tree symbol you are using I would space them out more, and place them a bit more randomly. Clumped together as they are it is hard to see that it IS a forest and that they ARE trees, and by spacing them the trees will be more identifiable, while still giving the impression of Forest. With the scale of Trees and Mountains, I think it would be clear that each individual tree icon represents a large area of forest and many icons close together represents a continual forest, even if they are not on top of each other.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12