Thread: Post Apocalyptic Compound - 3D map

Default Post Apocalyptic Compound - 3D map

So after completing a post-apocalyptic map commission for a small publisher, I got in the mood to create my own post-apocalyptic survivor or marauder group defensible compound. I imagined this as being a reform school, that has been added to post-cataclysm. Warehouses, a hydroponic greenhouse and the wind turbine were added to the existing property. The interiors are done using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 365 ($49), a vector drawing program like Illustrator, so except for the walls most interiors are vector not 3D. Everything else was modeled using Wings 3D, while the land, textures, lighting and rendering was done using Vue Creator. I scavenged the vehicles which I created for the paid-for map I just created, to place into this map. There's a 5 ft. square grid for use as an encounter map... enjoy!

First image is the 3D illustration view, next is the top-down exterior ground level, next is the vector interior shown ground level, finally, a stand-alone of the M117 or L117 light Howitzer artillery piece I did in 3D and saved as a PNG map object.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fort-survivor-oblique.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	120647Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fort-survivor.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	4.20 MB 
ID:	120648Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fort-hopeless-ground.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	5.65 MB 
ID:	120649Click image for larger version. 

Name:	howitzer.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	182.9 KB 
ID:	120650
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wow, nice, there's a ton of detail! I love the garden and the pool room, and you made some cool custom assets too.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thanks, Tiana! The devil is in the details, as they say. I never try to overload the details - I don't need to match reality. But I shoot for 2 or 3 extra details in every map. It helps create immersion.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations