Thread: Dark Fantasy City Map for online campaign

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Dark Fantasy City Map for online campaign

Introduction/Background:
    I'm a tabletop gamer and GM who—up until a couple weeks ago—met with friends every Sunday to role-play. Thanks to the novel coronavirus, we now all stay home, so I'm trying to quickly put together a text-based online campaign for us to enjoy. To facilitate a shared understanding of the game world, I thought it would be handy to create a digital map for the setting, and I'm terribly slow and a novice at map-making. I hope to find someone with more experience and talent who can (more) quickly put a map together for us.

Project Scope:
    A single map (for now) of a dark fantasy city of my own creation, called Eisenhafen. I'm happy to email more in-depth campaign details, but the map should feature the following elements:
    - Eisenhafen is described as a "fortress city with a deepwater harbor".
    - The city lies on the northwesternmost peninsula of the continent, between an ocean (the Sturmish Sea, to the south and west) and a mountain range (the Kalteisen Mountains, to the north and east).
    - The main gate and road from the city lies southeast (with the harbor to the southwest).
    - The city is a republic, ruled by a Council of Nine; seven of the nine council are vampire lords (each with their own palace/estate), the other two council represent the church and the guilds. Hence, the city needs palaces, a primary cathedral, and a merchant district with a guild hall.
    - Five different humanoid races inhabit the city, so it should include diverse districts.

Style
    This setting, though my own creation, was inspired by Symbaroum. I'm looking for a top-down city map with a similar gritty, dark aesthetic, but more importantly functional and easy to read.

Technical:
    Only need a digital file, full color, 300 dpi, png preferred, but jpg or tiff are fine.

Time Constraints:
    I'm setting up the online campaign now and would like to have a map available to players soon after we start, so the sooner the better. (I've never commissioned a map before, but I understand this may take longer than the 1-2 week timeline I vaguely have in my head). If the cartographer is working digitally and open to submitting both a rough, early version and a later, polished version, I'd be grateful for the flexibility.

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    I do not currently intend to publish or reproduce this map for commercial gain; it's only intended for personal use. (If that should change, I'll contact the cartographer to seek publication rights and offer additional payment or % commission).
    I do require written permission for reproduction rights to the map (for personal use), and would like permission to add text and other data (for example, if using in LegendKeeper).

Payment:
    $50+ (negotiable and depending on map quality/detail), payable via Paypal upon delivery of the final file.

Wil Peregrine
    wil(at)wilperegrine(dot)com
    Please use subject line Eisenhafen Map

Thank you!
    Last edited by wilperegrine; 04-01-2020 at 04:18 PM.