Thread: Map Commission - seeking artist to create fantasy asian country town

Map Map Commission - seeking artist to create fantasy asian country town

Hello!

I’m interested in having map/s made for my next campaign. I would like these to be on a grid.

It would be a map of a small country town set in a fantasy Asian world, so I would like to see the culture reflected in the architecture and vegetation.

I have attached an image that I have used as inspiration for the setting. It shows a river, cherry blossom trees and a raised area (cliff?) which the buildings are on top of, connected by rope bridges.

Ideally there would be:
    A tea house on the lower level plain among the cherry blossom trees.

A river running through the town.

A raised area with bridges like in the inspiration image.

A small shrine/Japanese pagoda.

An Inn/bath house.

A hetman’s house (home for noble class, includes room for servants, a meeting room to receive ambassadors, and a manicured garden).

A bakery/mill with a residence attached, and a small plot of land for farming.

A tailor/sewing shop with a residence attached, and a small plot of land for farming.

A blacksmith forge with a residence attached, and a small plot of land for farming.

A doctor’s clinic with a residence attached, and a small plot of land for farming.

A butchery with a residence attached, and a small plot of land for farming.

A jewellery store and workshop with a residence attached, and a small plot of land for farming.

A carpentry workshop with a residence attached, and a small plot of land for farming.

And a shabby hut on the outskirts of the town for a seer/witch to inhabit, also with a small plot of land for farming.

It would be fine to include a few other nondescript buildings/homes (as long as there are not too many, the population here is tiny), but the ones listed above are key locations that I would like interiors done for. If they need to be separate maps, that’s totally fine! I’m happy to wait and to pay for the work.

I would also like the overall town map done in the four seasons (spring version, summer version, autumn and winter versions), as well as night and day.

I have PayPal and I’m more than willing to pay for quality work, as I realise this may be a time consuming project. Feel free to contact me to negotiate fee/time needed!

Hope to hear from the right artist soon! Very excited

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6FA81688-A861-4DDF-B1A7-51A0E3200DE6.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	840.4 KB 
ID:	125022
    Last edited by cherrytea; 09-20-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Hey I'd be interested in working on this project with you, you can check out my portfolio at https://kate_moody.artstation.com/ and if you feel my skills could be useful to you please feel free to email me at kateam@optonline.net.

Kate

I've made an Asian fantasy book map.

Name:	bianjing and linshi town for Jacob.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	455.6 KB 
ID:	125035

And here's a battlemap town (castle removed because the client had already selected a castle battlemap from another artist to purchase and wanted it integrated into the town)

Name:	greenrestsmallwatermarked.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	125036 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greenrest at night smallwatermarked.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	462.1 KB 
ID:	125037

I love watching Asian inspired movies and TV. I feel I understand the aesthetic even if I've had minimal opportunities to express it in my existing art.

Night and day can be included in the base price but I fear the seasons would require extensive reworking so we'd have to talk about those options.
    Last edited by Tiana; 09-20-2020 at 03:33 AM.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I think this is beyond my current skill set, so best of luck finding a different artists!
    Dungeon master, World Builder, and Mapmaker.
    Taking Commissions
    View my Portfolio
    Contact me at greendinomaps@gmail.com

I look forward to working with you, Tiana! :3
    Last edited by cherrytea; 09-20-2020 at 01:08 PM.