One of the defining features of the Cathedral Galaxy is the large number of ancient, sometimes ruined structures integrated into planetary systems or floating in the depths of space. Some regions seem to collect more than their share of these relics. This region, in particular, contains many still-operational devices, making it a prime destination for scientific research.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_SeaOfRelics_210619.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	130228

There are no peoples native to the Sea of Relics, and few habitable worlds. But many of the archaic structures maintain livable spaces.

I'm working through dedicated regional maps of each nation in the Cathedral Galaxy, filling out the larger universe as I go. I've been enlarging sections of the original galactic map, which I drew by hand, photographed, selectively inverted, and then colored and labeled in Photoshop. Each region gets annotated with the homeworlds of its people, some lore and flavor, and then its own unique focus for that particular region: this one is sparse, without any homeworlds to indicate; but as scientific research is so prominent here I put in institutional affiliations/administrations.

The big space hulk in the lower left is one of my favorite so far. Maybe it has more than a little Kushan sensor array inspiration!