Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commission: Fantasy World

Default Commission: Fantasy World

Merry Christmas everyone!

Been super busy all autumn, but here is a commission I have worked on back and forth the last month. I rarely ever do regular fantasy maps these days, so was pretty excited to work on this piece, and learned a lot. First time working with grayscale for me as well, and I think it turned out alright.

The title box remains empty for now.

Cheers,
    Tainotim

world grayscale final 1 s.jpg

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Firsty, I absolutely love your work and your style, Tainotim, so it's always great to see a new piece from you!

I've not seen a greyscale piece from you before though. The map itself is really nice. Needless to say, your linework is fantastic, especially when it comes to your trademark buildings and mini-illustrations. I particularly love the way how the inserts in the corners have their illustrations poking out of the borders.

My only slight nitpick would be that the landmass could do with some more texture here and there to build up the empty gaps a bit, but it still a wonderful piece. A shame it doesn't have your usual colours, but that's not your choice I know!

Merry Christmas to you too!

Merry Christmas Karl! Great to see another piece from your hands and as always your little illustrations and cities are great.

-Dan

Guild Expert

Looks good Tainotim, I really like the illustrations in the corners, very well done.

Really nice map and I love your illustrations. Rep's on the way.

Very nice, as always. I love the view of the cities in the corners, with their motto and banners. Great work!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

I really love your illustrations. Great map!

Beautifully drawn, and very clean. A very nice piece of work. I hope your client is pleased!

Big big thanks everyone! I'm happy people like it. I agree about the terrain GLS. Something to keep in mind for future work.

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Lovely work, and it's always a pleasure to see something new from you, Tainotim.

Have to echo the others' comments that the corner illustrations are my favourite bit, and they bring an otherwise relatively simple map to life. I'd love to open a book and see a map like this in the first pages! I do find myself wishing it was coloured, but I suppose you can't have everything.

Merry Christmas to you too!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast