Thread: Therolan, an elven town

Default Therolan, an elven town

This is a map I just made of Therolan, an elven town in the World of Farland. I made it using photoshop and various textures and object, mostly from generous contributors who have posted here. Thanks for looking and feedback and advice are welcome.

therolan_no_labels.jpg
    Last edited by Farland; 12-16-2016 at 10:12 AM.
    Webmaster and head designer of The World of Farland: A World conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin.

www.farlandworld.com

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

I really like the water, it's pretty effective. I think you could do a bit more with shadows under the trees to suggest their varied heights and maybe some more variation to the structures, even if it's just a bit of colour or tone. And some dirt and mess of course, make it look lived-in!

Very nice map

cheers
    Meshon

I too am a real fan of that water. Nice work.

Thank you for the comments and feedback, gentlemen. Meshon, I will be making some of the changes you suggest (except for the mess. My elves are neat lol).
    Webmaster and head designer of The World of Farland: A World conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin.

www.farlandworld.com

Dido on the water. Nice work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Having taken the tips into account, here is the finished finished map: http://www.farlandworld.com/files/Therolan.JPG

www.farlandworld.com

Looks great! Especially the water, as others have already pointed out. Have some rep!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks, Kelleri!

www.farlandworld.com