Thread: Christmas tree hut

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected kosmic dungeon's Avatar

Default Christmas tree hut

Hello everyone, here is a small special gift to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !!
    At first I just wanted to draw a little humorous Christmas card ! But it was without counting on my addiction to cartography !

December the 26th, of the year 1200
    When I arrived in the village of Algudious, I expected to see happy faces, great friendly banquets, cheerfulness and joviality on every street corner. What's more normal for the great secular festival in honor of Gudiou, God of joy. According to tradition, trees are decorated with blown glass balls, ribbons carved from the most precious stuffs, songs resonate in every home. People offer a lot of gifts to each other, share a good meal and celebrate the enjoyment of life. Instead, I found faces closed, the decorations were there but obviously the villager didn't have the heart at the party. I learned that several very young children had disappeared. I had all sorts of description of the culprit, a troll, a gnome, a goblin, a pixi, a imp ... I had to help these poor people in honor of my God. According to my first observations, everything led me to believe that the culprit was a gnome. I managed to follow his path into the forest, but I almost fled from fear when I saw this monstrous tree ! Boogart burst out laughing at seeing me so terrified, he is a man-tree of an extraordinary height and terrifying aspect, but in reality he has the soul of a child. It was in a hut, dug in his trunk, that I found the charming toddlers. They where playing cheerfully with Grunolf, a little gnome dressed in a red, flashy costume. Grunolf told me that he has kidnapped the children to protect them from Otzakrom, a vile and cruel being who kidnaps three-year-old boys to perform an evil ritual. I was welcomed as a hero by the villagers for bringing their children back. The feast in honor of Gudiou has been extended to be celebrated with dignity, and it is an honor for me to be able to participate in these rejoicings. Tomorrow I will take care of this miscreant of Otzakrom! But for now a beer and a good meal is waiting for me ...

Extract from the "Body and Soul" by Arbin, Paladin of Gudiou

carte-de-noel-web.jpg

Thank you all and Have Fun !!
    https://www.tipeee.com/kosmic-dungeon/news/17453

#Rpg #Map #Jdr #Dnd #Osr
    Last edited by kosmic dungeon; 12-21-2016 at 12:01 PM.
    a blog with a few oldschool pen on paper map
    Blog : https://kosmicdungeon.com/

Cute. Very nice Kosmic. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Cute. Very nice Kosmic. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!
    Thank you !!

Nice story and cute map! Thanks for sharing with us. Best wishes for Christmas to you too!

I'm going to (hopefully) make my own Christmas map, just for fun.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Nice story and cute map! Thanks for sharing with us. Best wishes for Christmas to you too!

I'm going to (hopefully) make my own Christmas map, just for fun.
    Thank you ChickPea !! I would love to see it ..

Guild Novice

This is great - I saw it on your Twitter but wanted to comment here too. I'm running a Boxing Day game and I'm very, very tempted to use this! Great work as always.

Quote Originally Posted by loottheroom View Post
    This is great - I saw it on your Twitter but wanted to comment here too. I'm running a Boxing Day game and I'm very, very tempted to use this! Great work as always.
    Thanks !! Feel free to use it and take picture or write a report of your gaming session !!