Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eastmott and Frostmarch (Commission)

Default Eastmott and Frostmarch (Commission)

Behold. Finally finished. I did a few of the last minute recommended tweaks for a final touch. Eastmott and Frostmarch.

This is a zoomed in portion of the recent Arcannan commission I did, and I will soon be doing a number of more maps in this world.

Eastmott-halfsize.jpg

So, one and all, great and small, come hither and let me know what you think of it! Critique is always welcome.
    Last edited by Josiah VE; 02-02-2017 at 10:51 AM.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Really great map Josiah ! And the dashed lines seem thinner which works well in my opinion. Definitely rep-worthy !

Great map Josiah, i have lost track on some wip threads i was intend to watch. This was one of them. Glad i didnt miss the finish map.

I really like the small structures. The only thing that bothers me is Merchant's Rest's arrow pointing the island. I assume the island near it is in the way for better placement of the label and if you do it near island peole get confued which one is the Rest. In that case i would erase that small island to the left, put the label closer and erased arrow.

Also outer glow (or shadow) of some labels makes them hard to read. The worst is Merchant's rest i guess. I would advice to play more with the that option for your next map.

This map has turned out amazing Josiah! I've said it in the WIP but I really like the icons and the little fields you put in. The rest of the map is also splendid: linework is great and I love how you've done the forests West of Frostmarch. I'll give you some rep when I can!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

As always your linework and colour palette are lovely Josiah. Another great piece to add to your portfolio!

The little symbols are lovely and I think the more cyclindrical ones are my favourites (the windmill and little round towers particularly!)

What beautiful mountains you draw

And what lovely colours you paint

Inspirational indeed.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Overall a nice job but some labels are hard to read.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

I concurr with Max. It's a really beautiful map, but maybe for the locations dark labels with a light stroke would have worked better.

Edit: Sorry, can't rep you atm.

Harmonic colors and balanced layout, well done! It has a very soft feel to it, makes me immediately think of a relatively peaceful farming communities. I personally would have gone with a stronger paper texture, but this is of course coming from someone who's not happy until she's slapped 10 textures on a single map...

Consider yourself repped!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

It looks really good Josiah.
    The icons worked out well.
    All in all it has a really nice feel to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast