Thread: New Mapper Here!

Default New Mapper Here!

Hello everyone, my name is Nic, but you can call me Osellic, or Nic. Either is fine.

I'm in love with all things fantasy, and in my quest to build a "perfect" world I've discovered I should start at the beginning... with the creation of a planet! HOLY COW IS THAT A LOT OF WORK. I've already learned a ton in researching the basics, and hope to learn much more from you wise scholars!

Hi Nic and welcome! Looking forward to seeing your world.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Hello Nic

There are a number of world builders at work here in the Guild if you need any advice on how to work things out. All you need to is start a Work in Progress (WIP) thread in the appropriate sub-forum with your initial ideas (the right sub-forum being this one, I guess), and invite comments and suggestions.

Good luck with your world building
    Last edited by Mouse; 06-11-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Hello Nic

There are a number of world builders at work here in the Guild if you need any advice on how to work things out. All you need to is start a Work in Progress (WIP) thread in the appropriate sub-forum with your initial ideas (the right sub-forum being this one, I guess), and invite comments and suggestions.

Good luck with your world building
    Thanks! Made a post already, but tagged it as Help instead of WIP, whoops.

Here's a link to it, if you have any thoughts!

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=38196

Yes I see it, and it seems you already have a draft world to work on, and a couple of very useful links to threads that will help you with climatology that Kirkspencer has given you

I'm no world builder myself, so I wouldn't presume to say any more - except that you already appear to be in good company

Hi!

Saw that map yesterday and took a long look at it.

Looking forward to see more of your work
    Open for commissions
    Etsy