Thread: ***March 2021 Challenge - Space Invaders!***

Default ***March 2021 Challenge - Space Invaders!***

"Strap on that space suite trooper your planet needs you! Hoards of aggressive imperialistic aliens are about to attack and our time to make a stand is now."
    This month's challenge is to map a space invasion/Infestation. Think War of the Worlds, Starship Troopers, Aliens, Star Wars, Mars Attacks etc, you get the gist. The map could be of a particular skirmish or a series of battles. It could take place on the planet itself, or in its atmosphere or in adjacent space. The important point is that your map should make clear that there is some sort of attempted invasion taking place. The details of how to do this are left to you.

The challenge will end late in the evening of March 31st and the winner shall receive a shiny new golden compass badge. As always:

1. Be sure to title your threads: March 2021 Challenge: <<your title here>>
    2. Use the ### Latest WIP ### tag before EVERY work-in-progress image you post so that the image will show up in the thumbnails
    3. Only maps begun on or after today are eligible to be entered into the challenge (no prior work allowed)
    Last edited by arsheesh; 03-05-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

This sounds really great! I'm feeling inspired, being a huge sci-fi nerd and all. So it's supposed to be something of a battle map, correct? Or could it be a map of an environment in which the battle is staged?

I'm thinking of when the Tribbles took over the Enterprise. That was my first thought when I read 'infestation'. I hope someone maps that...
    (I don't think I can take part this month)
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by mapmage View Post
    This sounds really great! I'm feeling inspired, being a huge sci-fi nerd and all. So it's supposed to be something of a battle map, correct? Or could it be a map of an environment in which the battle is staged?
    It's open ended. You could do a battle map, or a map of a solar system showing attack vectors, whatever you want really.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I'm thinking of when the Tribbles took over the Enterprise. That was my first thought when I read 'infestation'. I hope someone maps that...
    (I don't think I can take part this month)
    That would be a fun one!

My first thought....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2537_1.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	128735

Of course it would need a bit of refining, you know, just to make a proper map out of it.
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 03-06-2021 at 06:39 PM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    My first thought....

Name:	2537_1.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	128735

Of course it would need a bit of refining, you know, just to make a proper map out of it.
    Ohhh, Greason, it seems we have a similar idea, yesterday I was doing this sketch:

Name:	20210306_221924.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	128743

"DROP DOWN! INCREASE SPEED AND REVERSE DIRECTION!"

I have an idea I think I will play with....

Damn, you're proposing some really great and tempting subjects, Arsheesh!
    If I found some time, I'll probably start something...