Thread: March 2021 Challenge: Second Wave

Default March 2021 Challenge: Second Wave

Hi Folks, I never did a real SF map so this is a great opportunity to learn something new

The map will tell the story of an alien invasion. Future earth is in the midst of an invasion and the map should show the context of this invasion, the current technology state of Earth and how digital maps are used in the conflict....
    - Show high technical advancement and information density.
    - Tell something about the current (invasion) state of the world
    - Show some history of events that lead to the current situation
    - Show more detail on an actual attack/event within the invasion is monitored and managed.

It will be more of a graphical design exercise and not so much an "actual map" but it will contain a futuristic worldmap and a regional map. It will have an area that shows the high-level state of the planets we colonized. Another area will show a timeline with events that led to the current state. The center part will display a current invasion event.

I started developing the design/style I want to use. Interesting to research a bit on how futuristic HUD's are designed and what makes them look futuristic/interesting... Not finished but it starts to get a futuristic look and feel. Oh and don't look at the textual details yet as these are placeholders for the actual story...

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	combi-1.png 
Views:	189 
Size:	3.84 MB 
ID:	128844

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Very very cool! I love the cool blue - it really makes details pop, I think.

Oh, loving these colours so far! Nice design elements too, and a top-notch font choice. The HUD looks great. I look forward to seeing this finished!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks Kellerica and Diamond! I planned to finish this, but too much other work came up so I won't be able to finish it. Well, at least I got a bit of practice in SF design elements... To the other participants: Good luck!

You definitely hit the mark with that futuristic holographic HUD look.

Nice entry DJ. Dig the cool blue monochromatic color scheme and overall design.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh